Standard for Hexagon Nuts
As a standard part, it should have its general specifications. For hexagon nuts, the commonly used standards are gb52, gb6170, gb6172, and DIN934.
- Common external hexagonal wrench is widely used, which is characterized by a large tightening force. The disadvantage is that there should be enough operating space during installation. An adjustable wrench, open-end wrench, or spectacle wrench can be used during installation. All the above wrenches need a lot of operating space.
- Hexagon socket with the cylindrical head is the most widely used of all screws. Because it has a large tightening force, it can be operated by using a hexagon socket wrench. It is very convenient to install. It is almost used in various structures and has a beautiful and tidy appearance. The disadvantage is that the tightening force is slightly lower than the outer hexagon. In addition, repeated use is easy to damage the hexagon socket and makes it impossible to disassemble.
- Pan head hexagon socket is rarely used mechanically. Its mechanical performance is the same as that of the previous one. It is mostly used in furniture. Its main function is to increase the contact surface with wooden materials and increase the ornamental appearance.
- Headless hexagon socket - it must be used in some structures, such as jackscrew structures that require a large jacking force, or places where cylindrical heads need to be hidden.
- Countersunk head hexagon socket - mostly used in power machinery. Its main function is the same as that of the hexagon socket.
- Nylon lock nut - a structure inlaid with a nylon rubber ring in the hexagon to prevent the thread from loosening. It is used in powerful machinery.
- Flange nut - mainly plays the role of increasing the contact surface with the workpiece. It is mostly used in pipes, fasteners and some stamping and casting parts.
- Common outer hexagon nut is one of the most widely used fasteners.